Gannabos Guest House
Situated on the edge of the Karoo in the Eastern Cape, Gannabos Guest House offers a welcome respite from the dreary road to wherever you’re going. This means instead of rushing headlong to your final destination, here you can lay your head down under the brightest of stars in the universe and wake up to the splendor of the magnificence that is the Karoo.
Refreshed to tackle the rest of your journey after a leisurely breakfast, or mood-enhancing game drive in the African veld. Witness the stunning sable, plentiful buffalo and majestic roan that make up the exotic wildlife of our sanctuary.
But you don’t have to rush at all! Spend a weekend away from the city here at Gariep Eco Reserve and let the kids experience Africa the way it should be. Or just simply come to rest. We’ll take care of the rest.
Book below. Now.
We will send you a booking confirmation with payment details
Directions to Gannabos Guest House – from Gauteng
General: Gannabos Guest House is situated at Gariep Eco Reserve, district of Venterstad, in the Eastern Cape Karoo – Approximately 50km from the Gariep Dam, on the road to Port Elizabeth
Entrance to Gariep Eco Reserve S 30 ° 53,530 ‘ E025 ° 45,785’
Gannabos Guest House S 30 ° 53,115 ‘ E025 ° 46,664’
- Follow the N1 from Gauteng via Bloemfontein.
- Take the turn-off to Gariep Dam, ca. 35 km before Colesberg.
- Drive over the wall of the Gariep Dam, and follow the road to Venterstad.
- Ca. 3 km before Venterstad – turn right to Steynsburg.
- The farm is situated ca. 12km from this turn-off, on the road to Steynsburg.
- Turn left at the entrance to the farm (Gariep Eco Reserve -Badsfontein).
- Follow the gravel road for a few hundred meters until you reach the second entrance – again with farm’s logo on the gate.
- Turn right onto another dirt road.
Call Desmarie on the cell phone number mentioned below, where after she will open the gate electronically.
- Drive through the gate, follow the gravel road alongside a game fence, drive over a small stone bridge, drive along via a two-track road, and Gannabos Guest House will lie in front of you. Your host is Desmarie Fourie. Kindly phone her and inform her of your estimated time of arrival. Her cell is 082-334-4419. We have cell phone reception and internet access at the guest house.
Directions to Gannabos Guest House – from Port Elizabeth
- Follow the N-10 from Port Elizabeth to Cradock
- Drive past Paterson and Cookhouse on the way to Cradock
- Drive through Cradock and take the R390 to Hofmeyr
- Drive through Hofmeyr and take the road to Steynsburg (still the R390)
- The R390 stops at a T-junction
- Turn right to Steynsburg. Drive through Steynsburg and turn left to Venterstad
- Approximately 52km past Steynsburg on your way to Venterstad, you will find the entrance to the farm on your right-hand side (Gariep Eco Reserve – Badsfontein). Enter through the gate, and follow the gravel road for a few hundred meters until you reach a second entrance gate on your right (again with the farm’s logo on).
- Kindly call Desmarie on 082 334 4419, where after she will open the gate electronically. Enter the gate, follow the gravel road alongside a game fenced, until you reach Gannabos Guest House.